My Perfect GPS System
Yesterday Google announcemnt about their new mobile navigation app created an havoc in the shares of GPS companies. Germin for example lost more than 1.2 billion dollar in just one day. Most days I will favor the any company who compete with Google, but this time I have no mercy for Germin and the rest. For too long these companies ruled the GPS market not really innovating and giving consumers what they really need.
I decided to make a quick list of some of the features I would like to see in my perfect GPS system. Here it goes:
- Connectivity to Yelp. When I look for a Burger place, I want to see the top Yelp results on the map.
- Voice uploads and personalities – Why can’t we buy new voices. Wouldn’t it will be cool to have Homer Simpson as your GPS system voice? And if we already have voices, why not give it a little more personality based on the character you chose.
- Voice activation – Like the name. The ability to use voice to do searches.
- Route by view – The ability to choose the between possible routes based on the view it will take me by.
- Suggestions – If I need to do a 6 hours drive, wouldn’t it will be great to get suggestions for attractions that are on the way?
- Recommendations – Similar to the Amazon concept of recommendations, if I chose to go to a specific attraction why can’t the GOS recommend me other attractions people who went there also went to.
- Events – I would love to have the ability to see on the map a list of music events appearing near me.
- And of course – live traffic maps and calculation of route time based on traffic.
So… Who is going to build it?